Billboard Top 25 Country Albums This Week [April 11]

Luke-Bryan-Spring-Break-Checkin-Out

1. Luke Bryan – Spring Break…Checkin’ Out (Grade: 2.5/10)
  2. Sam Hunt – Montevallo  (Grade: 1/10)
  3. Various Artists – Nashville: On The Record, Volume 2
  4. Various Artists – 2015 Academy of Country Music Awards ZinePak
  5. Jason Aldean – Old Boots, New Dirt (Grade: 3/10)
  6. Florida Georgia Line – Anything Goes (Grade: 0/10)
  7. Little Big Town – Pain Killer (Grade: 3/10)
  8. Eric Church – The Outsiders
  9. Chase Rice – Ignite the Night (Grade: 2/10)
  10. Carrie Underwood – Greatest Hits: Decade #1
  11. Luke Bryan – Crash My Party
  12. Miranda Lambert – Platinum
  13. Cole Swindell – Cole Swindell
  14. Garth Brooks – Man Against Machine (Grade: 7.5/10)
  15. Zac Brown Band – Greatest Hits So Far…
  16. Canaan Smith – Canaan Smith EP
  17. Kenny Chesney – The Big Revival (Grade: 4.5/10)
  18. Brantley Gilbert – Just As I Am (Grade: 5/10)
  19. Blake Shelton – Bringing Back The Sunshine (Grade: 4/10)
  20. Shania Twain – Shania: Still The One: Live From Las Vegas
  21. Lee Brice – I Don’t Dance (Grade: 5/10)
  22. Asleep At The Wheel – Still The King: Celebrating The Music of Bob Wills And His Texas Playboys
  23. Luke Bryan – Spring Break…The Set List: The Complete Spring Break Collection ZinePak
  24. Dierks Bentley – Riser
  25. Striking Matches – Nothing But The Silence (Grade: 8/10)

Notes:

• Luke Bryan and Sam Hunt stay at #1 and #2 respectively again this week.
  • Four new albums break into the chart. Two of them are just collaboration albums of several songs. One is for the television show Nashville and the other is songs nominated for the 2015 ACM Awards.
  • Canaan Smith’s self-titled EP debuts at #16.
  • Striking Matches round out the top 25 with their debut album Nothing But The Silence.
  • Little Big Town’s Pain Killer was the biggest gainer this week, moving up eight spots from #15 to #7. I think you know why.
  • The biggest losers this week were Still The King: Celebrating The Music of Bob Wills And His Texas Playboys and Luke Bryan’s Spring Break…The Set List: The Complete Spring Break Collection ZinePak, which each fell 11 spots on the chart.
  • Shania Twain and her album Shania: Still The One: Live From Las Vegas fell ten spots to #20 on the chart.

Source: Billboard

9 thoughts on “Billboard Top 25 Country Albums This Week [April 11]

1. Zack April 4, 2015 / 12:23 pm

Wow, I was hoping that Striking Matches would do a bit better…..
    Oh well.

Btw, idk if I missed it or not but have either one of you reviewed Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors- “Medicine”?

• Josh Schott April 4, 2015 / 12:31 pm

No that’s one that slipped through the cracks and hope to eventually take a look at. I’ve heard a lot of good things about it, as Grady Smith highlighted it in his best alt-country albums of 2015 so far piece.

• Zack April 4, 2015 / 12:38 pm

Yeah I just took a listen the other day, definently recommended!

Just curious was all. Speaking of albums, at least April seems to be more than making up for March. I mean we have Zac Brown, Dwight Yoakam, Will Hoge, Ray Wylie Hubbard…

• Josh Schott April 4, 2015 / 12:42 pm

April is stacked. Tons of new albums to cover. But it keeps Derek and myself busy! Haha

2. Raymond April 4, 2015 / 12:51 pm

Is it sad when in the Top 10 Carrie Underwoods greatest hits album I consider to be the best in the top 10. Btw I wasn’t surprised at all by Striking Matches debut keep in mind they don’t have radio support yet. And it’s not like their labels huge either really not shocked one bit. Good for Canaan his EP did decently how bad was it? Man I really am wondering when Gloriana will announce their album Trouble is doing pretty good. I just don’t know when they’ll announce it. Hopefully soon. Oh it looks like Kelsea Ballerini and her debut album looks to be on the same day as Easton Corbin. Finally still no news on Josh Turners new album. Well I’m looking forward to Darius Rucker and the thrashing his album probably deserves.

3. Zack April 4, 2015 / 1:20 pm

I previewed Canaan’s one song “Two Lane Road” to give him the benefit of the doubt. I heard 5 seconds and said “nope not dealing with this shit”. Idk how the other 3 songs are 😉

4. bob April 4, 2015 / 1:25 pm

Like Zack, I was hoping the Striking Matches album would do better. The two albums getting the most play in my house are “Nothing But the Silence” and “Now Playing” a february 2015 release by the “Western Swing Authority”. Stacey Lee Guse is already one of my favorite female vocalists. Thanks again to CP for reviewing “Now Playing”.

• Josh Schott April 4, 2015 / 1:30 pm

No problem! Glad we could introduce you to new great music!

5. Pete Marshall April 5, 2015 / 4:20 pm