Hey everybody! I wanted to take a moment to address some news items here on the site and some of the changes that are taking place.
- First off if you haven’t already be sure to check out the first review from our new writer, Ryan Scott. He’ll be helping out a lot in our coverage of mainstream country music. Be sure to give him a warm welcome! If you’re on Twitter you can follow him @RScottCountry.
- Now normally the weekly feature, The Past Pulse of Mainstream Country Music, would be published at this time slot. Last week I couldn’t do it because of ACM Awards coverage. Once again this week it’s not here and you’re probably wondering what’s up. Well after doing some thinking I’ve decided to stop doing the feature for now. My schedule right now simply won’t allow me the time to post and work on this weekly feature. It’s especially difficult to do when there are a bunch of album releases like there are right now. So for now that feature will go away, but I won’t rule out bringing it back for the future.
- I’ve currently got some other feature ideas that could replace it. I haven’t decided though what should, but hopefully I’ll figure it out soon. Feel free to throw some suggestions out in the comments too. Let me know what you would like to see. I always appreciate feedback.
- I’ve had several people ask me about reviewing Reba’s album. Yes, it will be reviewed. Ryan is currently working on it and it should hopefully be up soon.
- Speaking of asking about album reviews, I want to take a moment to talk about this. I have no problem with people asking me about if an album or song will be reviewed. And I have no problem answering. What I do have a problem with is people asking me or one of my writers about it under a review of another album. I find it to be disrespectful, rude and off topic. I’m not calling out anyone specifically and I’m not angry. But I just ask that you please not do this anymore. If you want to ask about a review, send us an email, reach out on Facebook, reach out on Twitter or even ask me during The Hodgepodge on Thursday. We put time and effort into our reviews and I hate when people ask us about something completely off topic under it. It feels like you didn’t even read the post. If you’re not interested in a review or have nothing to add, simply don’t comment. I hope you understand.
- Also I want to take a moment thank you all for reading, following and supporting Country Perspective. We’re growing at a great pace and I never would have imagined this blog getting so much support. Our numbers blow me away every time I see them. So thank you!
- One more thing: I’m hoping to introduce something else to the site real soon. Something that will allow you to help show your support for the site and you’ll get something back too. So stay tuned!