GIF – Tyler Farr Losing His Mind

So the other night I finally got around to tinkering making gifs, as it’s something I’ve always wanted to dabble in. And the first one I had to try my hand at making a gif out of was the insane music video for Tyler Farr’s “Withdrawals.” There are a lot of ridiculous moments in the video, but the one above I felt captured the creepiness of the video perfectly. No wonder this song bombed at country radio. How can you not be creeped out by it? Farr looks like a damn psychopath. I guess this is what happens when Farr can’t throw beer cans at his ex-girlfriend’s window at night after she dumped him.

Let me know what you think of it in the comments and if you would be interested in seeing more gifs in the future.

11 thoughts on “GIF – Tyler Farr Losing His Mind

1. Zack August 24, 2015 / 3:14 pm

LOL. I actually liked the song for some reason but I never checked out the video. Probably shouldn’t now though….that’s fricking creepy.

I will say that I would have rather had this over “Better In Boots” though……that was the 2nd worst option beside “C.O.U.N.T.R.Y”.

I like the GIFs keep them coming!

2. Derek Hudgin August 24, 2015 / 3:15 pm

This is fantastic! I feel like it needs a good caption.

Like….”When someone says Sam Hunt is country.”
    “My reaction after someone says FGL is evolved country music.”

• Zack August 24, 2015 / 3:23 pm

Or……

“My reaction after someone says they didn’t used to like Country music until they heard Sam Hunt”

3. RG August 24, 2015 / 3:29 pm

Not too bad for a first attempt.

But you should check out the “King of GIF’s” known as LSUFreek. Take a few notes from his legendary collection and then make a few that are relevant to country music.

• Josh Schott August 24, 2015 / 3:48 pm

Thanks. I’ll give him a look.

4. Lisandro Berry-Gaviria August 24, 2015 / 4:37 pm

Hahahaha!
    The song actually isn’t terrible IMO…but that music video is just ridiculous. I’d definitely like to see more of these GIFs, Josh! Nice!

5. NoahHibiscusEaton August 24, 2015 / 8:33 pm

Hahaha, we’re in for a relentless field day with this! XD

In fairness, here’s why I think “Withdrawals” flopped.

We already know how averse mainstream country radio is to emotionally poignant songs as of late. Between “The House That Built Me” and now, they are fewer and further between. If you’re an A-list Platinum-selling supetstar, you can get away with hits like “Sweet Annie”, “Goodbye In Her Eyes”, “Over You” and “Little Toy Guns”. And, if you’re lucky, you find à B-artist occasionally get away with it like David Nail and “Let It Rain”, or Sara Evans with “A Little Bit Stronger”.

But much more often than not, feelings (besides males feeling horny, of course! -__- ) equate to radio krptonite among mainstream country radio executives.

Tyler Farr was lucky enough to produce à #1 hit off of a melancholic mid-tempo about heartbreak. But running with a second consécutive one is just overkill in this current radio climate. I wish it wasn’t so, but Farr’s label should have known better………..let alone release it during the summer.

6. theknightswhosayni4 August 24, 2015 / 11:56 pm

I actually really like Withdrawals…and pretty much all of Tyler Farr’s CD. Yes…even COUNTRY, what can I say, I guess it’s one of my guilty pleasures.

7. petemarshall724 August 25, 2015 / 12:02 am

I hope he won’t release COUNTRY as his next single.

8. fromthewordsofbr August 28, 2015 / 10:29 am

LOL

I think I’m supposed to take this seriously. Right…?

• Josh Schott August 28, 2015 / 11:43 am