Dixie Chicks Excite Fans in Revealing of Mysterious Image (Updated!)

One of the most successful groups in country music history may be releasing new music soon. At the very least some sort of announcement is on the horizon. Dixie Chicks have fans and critics everywhere speculating and wondering what’s next for the group, as today they shared via their social media channels a new image:

This is all that was shared and all that really needed to be shared to get people interested and excited. This could be hinting at a brand new album, which would be their first album of original music since their 2006 album Taking The Long Way. This could also be the first signs of them announcing a North America tour in 2016, which has been highly speculated since their European tour took place this year. Regardless of what it is, this certainly is eye-catching.

While one of the most talented groups in country music history, they’re also of course one of the most polarizing. The genre essentially black balled the Dixie Chicks in 2003 after they made disparaging remarks about the war in Afghanistan and President George W. Bush. It came at a time when they were one of the biggest acts in all of music. With 12 years now passed, it begs the question of whether or not the majority of country music is willing to take them back. Regardless of they want to or not, they still have a very dedicated and large following who will support them and I think many critics such as myself are more than willing to hear new music from this talented trio. When more details emerge I’ll be sure to update this post.

Update: November 16

The teaser indeed indicated the announcement of a North American tour in the summer of 2016. Here’s the announcement from the group themselves:

You can see all of their tour dates announced by clicking here. Excited for the return of the Dixie Chicks to the States?

8 thoughts on “Dixie Chicks Excite Fans in Revealing of Mysterious Image (Updated!)

1. Derek Hudgin November 13, 2015 / 5:16 pm

This is interesting! Obviously they have enough of a fan base where their comeback will be big, most likely in the album sales and concert ticket sales department in my opinion. If they do release new music, a lot of people will be excited I believe. I’m optimistic that radio will greet them with open arms but I wouldn’t be surprised if they have little to no radio success with the comeback….assuming this is a tease for an album, that is.

2. pete marshall November 13, 2015 / 11:38 pm

I hope they make a comeback on radio we need them badly to help save country music and have females on country radio. Despite the incident with George W. Bush back in 2003 the fans needs to get over it now it’s been almost 13 years now and Bush not our president anymore. I really like the Dixie Chicks and we need them back now and even on radio.

3. Sirius XM Stations November 17, 2015 / 12:14 pm

I hate to tell them, but it’s over. Their audience is long gone. And the non-country music listeners don’t really care anymore. They can’t compete with people like Taylor Swift and Adele and they sure won’t be welcomed back into the country genre with open arms. Which leaves them where?

• Josh Schott November 17, 2015 / 12:39 pm

Uh I think you underestimate the size of their fan base and wouldn’t have Madison Square Garden on their schedule if they still couldn’t sell a lot of tickets. Nobody else is competing with Swift and Adele, so your straw man argument is invalid. I, along with many others, are welcoming the Dixie Chicks back to the genre. Small minded people who can’t get over a minor comment from 12 years ago are the only people who don’t want them back. So that leaves them in a pretty good spot. I plan on giving them full coverage, along with many other music blogs and I’m sure many in the independent music community will at the very least recognize them. They will probably sell more music, tickets and get more critical acclaim than 90% of the mainstream country artists today.

4. Raymond November 17, 2015 / 1:24 pm

While I am glad it’s touring and to see them back together. I want new music and another album from them they have made 2 of my favorite albums ever in Home and Taking The Long Way so I hope they have new music on the horizon because I think the country music world is ready for the Dixie Chicks to come back. I know I am.

5. Fat Freddy's Cat November 17, 2015 / 2:43 pm

I’m glad to see them back and hope I can make one of their shows.

6. Ron November 17, 2015 / 5:25 pm

I saw them back in 2003 after the comment was made and it was a sell out in MSG. I don’t think they’ll have any issues selling out these tour dates again despite not having had any new music in 9 years

7. Paul W Dennis November 18, 2015 / 5:28 am

If they can get Robin Macy back as their lead vocalist, maybe I’d be interested. Otherwise, I could care less