Great Music Currently at Country Radio [January 6]

The very best of country radio right here in a nice playlist. In order for a song to be added to the list, it must currently be in the top 60 of the Billboard Country Airplay chart, so this will be updated weekly. Normally this feature is part of The Hodgepodge, but I’ve decided to make this a weekly standalone post. Here’s where all the songs currently stand on the chart:

9. Jana Kramer – “I Got The Boy”

10. Cam – “Burning House”

17. Eric Church – “Mr. Misunderstood”

22. Chris Stapleton – “Nobody To Blame”

32. Maddie & Tae – “Shut Up and Fish”

33. Frankie Ballard – “It All Started With A Beer”

34. Jon Pardi – “Head Over Boots”

37. Kip Moore – “Running For You”

39. William Michael Morgan – “I Met A Girl”

41. Justin Moore – “You Look Like I Need A Drink”

52. Love & Theft – “Whiskey on My Breath”

53. Charles Kelley – “The Driver” [Re-Entered the Chart]

56. Toby Keith – “Beautiful Stranger”

59. Maren Morris – “My Church” [New]

60. Chris Stapleton – “Tennessee Whiskey” [New]

10 thoughts on “Great Music Currently at Country Radio [January 6]

1. theknightswhosayni4 January 6, 2016 / 1:09 pm

Is Mo Pitney’s Boy and a Girl Thing not in the top 60? Damn. That’s another one at radio that is a damn good song if you ask me.

• Josh Schott January 6, 2016 / 1:34 pm

Nope. It’s fallen out, although it could rebound back in. The holiday break makes the chart wonky. I hope it re-enters, but Curb has done such a terrible job with Pitney.

• Raymond January 6, 2016 / 1:57 pm

Curb gave up promotion on Mo. A real shame because his audience total would’ve been more than enough to enter the chart.

2. Raymond January 6, 2016 / 1:28 pm

It’s too bad this will be Cam’s last week on the chart. I am excited to see what she releases I want to see Mayday get released myself but word around is that Want It All will be the follow-up song.

Jana Kramer looks to be peaking soon she had an add saying her song will be done soon. I do wish they would release like Circles or something like that unfortunately we will probably get Don’t Touch My Radio.

For me my +1s on the BB chart include the 15 you have above along with
    Brothers Osborne Stay A Little Longer
    Craig Morgan When I’m Gone
    Lindsay Ell By The Way
    Lauren Alaina Next Boyfriend (guilty pleasure)
    Granger Smith Backroad Song (another guilty pleasure)
    Thomas Rhett Die A Happy Man (I shouldn’t like this but I do)
    Drake White Living The Dream
    Rascal Flatts I Like The Sound Of That (guilty pleasure)
    Florida Georgia Line Confession

Dylan Scott Crazy Over Me
    Carrie Underwood Heartbeat

The rest are -1s which means for me
    Good Songs: 24
    Meh Songs: 16
    Bad Songs: 20

So I guess like I’m a little softer on mainstream country music. With Big & Rich soon to come in with Loving Lately and the inevitable Dierks Bentley music soon approaching along with in my opinion Jennifer Nettles Unlove You there’s also a newcomer getting a little buzz her name is Tara Thompson and apparently she’s related to Loretta Lynn and her song that was just released to radio should chart within the coming weeks.

3. Daniel January 6, 2016 / 1:30 pm

No Drake White?

• Josh Schott January 6, 2016 / 1:35 pm

A review of that song will be out tomorrow, which will explain why.

4. Justin Adams January 7, 2016 / 8:10 am

Why isnt Cold Beer Conversation on the list? I believe it was before

• Zack Kephart January 7, 2016 / 8:59 am

Unfortunately Justin, “Cold Beer Conversation” is not currently on the Billboard Country Airplay Chart, which is one of the requirements for it to be featured here. If it was still on the chart then it would surely be here. 🙂

• Justin Adams January 7, 2016 / 10:04 am

Thanks, I saw it this morning on mediabase airplay chart, assumed it would still be on the billboard. Didn’t realize it had gone recurrent

• Raymond January 7, 2016 / 9:39 am

It should be back in a week or two since the label is still promoting the song