Worst Country Artist 2016 Tournament: Vote on Pop Artists Region!

Sam Hunt Destroying Country Music

Welcome to the first round of voting in Country Perspective’s 2016 Worst Country Artist Tournament. We start off with the Pop Artists Region. Remember that you have until Thursday 1 PM ET to vote, so get your votes in! If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments below.

Polls are now closed! Stay tuned for the updated bracket and details on the round of 16 voting!

6 thoughts on “Worst Country Artist 2016 Tournament: Vote on Pop Artists Region!

1. Raymond March 15, 2016 / 6:16 pm

Gosh, I hope Raelynn takes it all. She is probably a super nice person. But in my opinion she’s a talentless hack who has garbage lyrics and shouldn’t sing (but I guess like I’m a terrible person for thinking that).

Besides that, nothing else really at all. I still do hate Danielle Bradbery “Friend Zone” but I still happen to love her debut album so I definitely wouldn’t consider her among the worst 16 pop-country singers. Why couldn’t you guys put Cassadee Pope (very talented, but really as a whole doesn’t belong in country) but that’s beside the point.

• Josh Schott March 15, 2016 / 7:00 pm

Pope was considered and on the bracket at one point. But her music is more boring than terrible. Steven Tyler took her spot.

• Raymond March 15, 2016 / 9:03 pm

Eh true. I’ll take the boring in country music over the awful. They might have a decent amount of respect for country music aka I’m going to pedal out safe and boring. That’s why I constantly say that if Cassadee can get a more country-pop production (kind of like in the Lucy Hale, Taylor Swift Speak Now Era) I’d consider myself a fan. While I have allowed “Think Of You” to grow on me, the song is way too boringly produced to care about (well written in a way, competently performed). Cassadee Pope needs to fire her current producer and get a better one, then her potential will meet her voice and her music might make more of a dent with crirics and radio. That’s my problem with The Voice contestants as a whole, they are all great singers (Raelynn being the exception) but the songs are so boringly produced it’s sad and pathetic to see pure potential wasted.

2. NoahHibiscusEaton March 15, 2016 / 11:03 pm

Interesting that Chris Lane and Kelsea Ballerini is the only contest thus far that is turning out to be a dead heat! 😉

All the other duels are proving to be landslides! =P

• Josh Schott March 15, 2016 / 11:07 pm

Yeah I’m kind of surprised. Most people only know Lane from his current terrible single, whereas Ballerini has been popular for about a year with a couple bad singles and album. Perhaps her more likeable personality is helping? Not sure.

I expected this kind of, although I expect some more upsets in the other regions. And it’ll get closer in each round. Just wait for Sam Hunt vs Kane Brown!

• Raymond March 16, 2016 / 12:05 am

I think Kelsea Ballerini expert marketing helps. Like I grew to hate “Dibs” but her bubbly upbeat personality and how generally sweet and in a way relatable she sounds in interviews I won’t mind having her stay around in the mainstream just so we can hear her in interviews (music aside which I still wanna know what you’re guys thoughts on “Peter Pan” as a single). Where as Chris Lane, well let’s just say he literally has no redeemable qualities to say the least.