Worst Country Artist 2016 Tournament: Vote on We’re A Group & We Suck Region!

Florida Georgia Line "Dirt"

Welcome to the first round of voting in Country Perspective’s 2016 Worst Country Artist Tournament. We continue our first round with voting in the We’re A Group & We Suck Region. Remember that you have until Friday 1 PM ET to vote, so get your votes in! If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments below.

Polls are closed! Thank you for voting and be sure to check out the updated bracket.

9 thoughts on “Worst Country Artist 2016 Tournament: Vote on We’re A Group & We Suck Region!

1. jb March 16, 2016 / 3:11 pm

Hardest choice yet: Dan & Shay vs Rascal Flatts. I went with Dan & Shay because at least when Rascal Flatts started doing whatever it is you’d call what they do, they didn’t straight up steal it from somebody else.

• NoahHibiscusEaton March 16, 2016 / 9:58 pm

It was an easy vote for me.

Dan + Shay aren’t worth hating on any level, but it is clear as day to me that they’re inferior to Rascal Flatts because the duo is clearly emulating their style.

Plus, the duo hasn’t yet released an individual song that had floored me. Rascal Flatts has rarely impressed me either, but they at least have “Skin (Sarabeth)”, “Bless The Broken Road” and “I’m Movin’ On” as examples of relative song quality. Their first three albums were actually solid as a whole, too, before Dan Huff assumed production duties.

• Cobra March 17, 2016 / 7:47 am

I would even say “Me & My Gang” was a solid album (despite an abysmal title track). After that is when they really started to either make straight up pop music and/or just copy what they’d done in the past.

• Frank the Tank March 17, 2016 / 12:32 am

I’ve never heard a Dan + Shay song, but, even if I had, I’m sure I would still pick Rascal Flatts. Every song of theirs that I’ve heard is terrible. Their sound is just so grating on the ears.

2. Raymond March 16, 2016 / 4:28 pm

I personally don’t see the problem with Lady Antebellum. There music to me has never sucked besides “Freestyle” “Wanted You More” and I think that’s it. The rest of their singles tend to be a good representation of pop-country. Besides that it doesn’t really matter because Old Dominion will probably face FGL when all is said and done,

• Frank the Tank March 17, 2016 / 12:34 am

To me, Lady Antebellum isn’t all that bad, just incredibly boring.

3. NoahHibiscusEaton March 16, 2016 / 9:52 pm

This is easily the most mismatched set of choices yet, in my opinion! 😉

Don’t get me wrong, though: I get what they have most in common is that they’re groups.

• Josh Schott March 16, 2016 / 10:08 pm

Yeah I knew that too when I finished it up. Just not a lot of groups that are terrible to put in. I mean I could have put Montgomery Gentry in, but they’re irrelevant. Parmalee could have been put in, but they’re pretty easy to ignore.

• Nadia Lockheart March 16, 2016 / 10:24 pm

My guess is it will come down to Old Dominion versus either LoCash or Florida Georgia Line.

The only real interesting factor leading up to the final, in my mind, is name recognition. For instance, some may not even be aware “I Love This Life” is LoCash’s EIGHTH single to date and could easily have confused their recent hit as their debut single and were merely songwriters beforehand.

I personally like Florida Georgia Line more between the two, but I won’t be the least surprised if LoCash exits early due to the “Who are they?” advantage.